Assignment 1, Postcards-further experimenting.

Card 1

I experimented further with the card. I painted it again to give it less of an opaque look and more of a textured look. I cut out the stork and letters saying Polska and positioned them in a few different ways.

20140428_132422 20140428_132956

20140428_133133

 

 

I thought that letters positioned close to the top of the block of red with the stork facing them looked best.

DSC_0030

  Card 1 – front 

Card 1 - back

Card 1 – back

 

Card 2

I replaced the green frame with a frame made of text saying ‘Fashion’. I tried a few different shapes and fonts for the frame. Fonts Monotype Corsiva and Eccentric Std worked best.

textframe1 textframe2 textframe3

In the end I went for a green frame made out of the word ‘Fashion’ written multiple times in Monotype Corsiva. I decided to write it with a capital letter F to make words in the frame more readable. I also painted the dress with green and brown watercolours.

Card 2 - front

Card 2 – front

Card 2 - back

Card 2 – back

 

 

 

Card 3 

I tried to add a simple image of a runway , but I was not happy with the way it was not clearly communicating what it was intending to portray. I thought that a subtle vapour trail complemented the plane better and gave it a sense of movement.

Card 3 - front

Card 3 – front

Card 3 - back

Card 3 – back

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s